PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP, in the Grades of Member or Fellow, is available to a person who is:
- a Director of a Company registered under the PNG Company Act 1997, or
- an elected or appointed Member of the Board of a Papua New Guinea Government statutory authority or council, or
- a duly admitted Member of a governing board or council of a legally constituted association or organisation registered under the laws of Papua New Guinea, or
- a Partner within a formal Partnership Agreement established within Papua New Guinea, and
- Must have sat and completed the PNGID Directors Development Course Program.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP is available to a person who is:
- a sole trader, or
- a duly appointed Secretary, Executive Director, Director General or Public Officer to such a Company, Board, Council, Statutory Authority, Association or Partnership previously described; and
- within an occupation, profession or pursuit that provides interest in corporate governance.
All members are required to agree to abide by the Institute’s Constitution, Rules of Association and Code of Professional and Ethical Conduct.